Monday, December 29, 2008

LAST POST OF 2008 VOICEMAIL EXPERIMENT #45

left for me on
nov 30 12:37 pm Eastern Time


"The man looks at me and he says, 'life is like making sausage.' He says, 'you take some good shit, some real good shit, but you also take some real bad shit, like teeth and bone, but also good shit like meat. See, you take the whole range of shit from the really nasty fucked up shit to all the way to the really good shit and you grind it. Ok. And its work. The grinding is work. Its a process to take all the shit and you combine it into one thing, ok, into one thing that's not fucking fantastic, but its decent. It's good to have, you know what I'm saying. It's not steak. It's not fucking prime rib. But it's better than nothing and it's ok on crackers with some mustard, you know what I'm saying?'

“So often we ponder life. What is it? Is it good? Is it bad? What is it? Well, you know what? It's some really good shit. It's some bad shit. Its some fantastic shit and some bullshit. But once we grind, and if we grind, and the grinding's not easy, mind you, but if we continue to grind; the finished whole that we will get is something that is better than nothing. It's decent.

"So I had to listen this dumbass for, like, two hours to get this sausage making metaphor, but I got it and I think thats why I was there is to get this. So...today, thats what we're working with; life is like making fucking sausage. Ok, and ultimately, that metaphor gives you somewhat an optimistic look on life, cause like I said, what you get what you get when your done is ok, it's not great but it's ok. Such is life.

"So we've got performing above the median. We've got life is like making sausage and I'll tell you, that's really, you know, all I'm working with so far this morning. Uhh, its pretty early here. I've only been out of bed for about forty five minutes. Uhh, my hair does look pretty fantastic, so I got that going for me. Also, got some new sunglasses on. I'm feeling pretty good about that. It's super overcast here, but you know me and sunglasses, plus I got new ones, so I'm totally fucking wearing 'em."

No comments: